My friend Kat shared a recipe on her blog for a paleo and vegan spinach artichoke dip. It sounded delicious! It uses cashew cream instead of cheese or sour cream. Fascinating idea so I really wanted to give it a try. I'm not a huge fan of using veggies with dips like this. I just prefer the texture of a cracker or chip, but that's obviously off limits. Rather than try it as a side, I decided it needed to be in stuffed chicken. Here's what I did:
Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
6-8 chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the spinach artichoke dip. I made mine using less water so it was really think. I didn't want the filling to be too runny.
Slice the chicken breasts so they are nearly cut in half/have a pocket for stuffing (or buy butterflied chicken breasts) and open them
Add as much dip into the chicken as you'd like, then close them
Secure with toothpicks
Season with salt and pepper
Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes, depending on how thick your chicken breasts are
Serve with whatever veggies you prefer.
We really enjoyed this dish-hope you do too!

Yum, yum, yum. You stuffed those chickens FULL. We had stuffed chicken for lunch but I had to go easy on the stuffing because I didn't have toothpicks. Boo. I love your food pics!!
ReplyDelete