Sit ups? Now that's another story. Yuck! I started running again today. I definitely prefer it to ab work, though I'm equally out of shape in the cardio realm. The motivating factor for all this is that I will hopefully not be as embarrassed and out of shape when I start riding horses again. That's a powerful motivator (for me).
So far I'm really enjoying the meals and the cooking. I've been trying not to snack, which has been successful, but I think I'm eating bigger meals to compensate. I'm not sure yet if that's a good thing or not, but if I'm not hungry then I won't snack on things.
I've had little flash cravings on and off, but nothing too tempting. I think the biggest change is not grabbing the little snacks I didn't even realize I was eating. I almost asked our office manager for a Jolly Rancher today (she keeps a candy stash), but then I realized that is off limits. The little things sneak up on you-the big things aren't as difficult. Today was a stressful day at work and I really wanted cinnamon rolls. Baked goods are always a treat.
Speaking of baked goods-I haven't told anyone I'm doing this yet (except Jon), but I'm going to have to get brave and change that so more people can hold me accountable. I'm the resident baker at work (a regional hospital where I work as a speech pathologist). We have a PT who is leaving so his going away party is next week. He has requested a cake I baked last month to celebrate our office manager's graduation. This is not just any cake. It's a six layer dark chocolate salted caramel cake.
![]() |
| THE Cake. Martha Stewart-are you surprised? |
It is heaven. And it is SO off limits. Talk about a test of will power! Good thing I'm stubborn.

No comments:
Post a Comment