Tuna steak has always seemed intimidating to me. I was so wrong! I found a recipe for a Spiced Mexican Tuna Steak. This might be my favorite recipe we've tried so far. The flavors combined perfectly, and it's a really beautiful presentation. Perfect for entertaining-I can't wait to try it on some friends!
My avocado topping wasn't quite the same as their recipe. I just diced some avocado, added lime juice, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Kind of a simple guacamole. You could easily top it was store bought guacamole if you'd prefer. It was very exciting to know that tuna isn't as scary as I thought.
It's day 15 of the Whole30 challenge and I am really enjoying it. I am sleeping well, waking up refreshed, don't feel like crawling into bed at the end of the work day, and can tell I've lost a little weight. I definitely still have cravings-we'll see if that continues for the whole month or if they go away. They aren't terrible, but I would love a vanilla latte and a cookie. Surprisingly, I don't miss bread and pasta all the time! I am loving finding new recipes and figuring out ways to modify the recipes I know so they're approved. At this point, I think I'll continue to eat with paleo/Whole30 as a basis for meals once the challenge is over, but will have some dairy and grains tossed in from time to time.
It's not always easy (especially when I'm really hungry), but it's also not impossible. I didn't plan ahead very well last week and it was much harder. Today is another planning, cooking, and next week prep day. It just makes it so much simpler and there's less to deal with after work when it's already dinner time and you don't want to spend time thinking about what to cook.
The Mean Abs Challenge is, well, mean. No six pack abs yet, but I can do a few sit ups (not anywhere close to the required number per day-they get progressively worse after I start). It's my least favorite part of the month.
Tomorrow is Jon's first Father's Day and we're going on a hike so tonight I'm making a delicious dinner to celebrate. I can't wait to share the recipe-it's one of our favorites!

No comments:
Post a Comment