Wrong.
This week the cravings hit.
I didn't really have serious cravings during my pregnancy (not going to lie-I felt a little cheated), but Whole30 is making up for it. I had to go back and look at the timeline to see if this was normal or if I was the Whole30 flunk out who couldn't hang with the healthy stuff and was going to immediately binge on all things junk food at 12:01 of day 31. Good news-I'm not. Apparently you do have cravings and for some people they rival those of pregnancy in terms of severity and weirdness.
Mine weren't too strange in terms of foods, but they were oddly specific. All of Thursday morning (which was the worst day) I craved, specifically, 1 glazed Dunkin Donut, 1 cinnamon roll, and a vanilla latte. No more, no less. Weird.
| The Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls. Make them-you won't regret it. |
Other things I have craved this week: chocolate, corn dogs (no idea where that one came from), cheeseburgers, hush puppies and pancakes. Not all at the same time, thankfully. I think (hope) I'm moving past this phase, which means next really is the feel good success phase!
This was also the week we went out to dinner several times. So I was having major cravings, and was stuck eating grilled chicken salads every night for dinner. I would recommend not eating out while on Whole30 unless you are seriously dedicated. It can be very frustrating to look at a whole menu of delicious sounding and smelling and looking foods that you can't eat.
I tell you these things so you don't decide to do Whole30 and think it's a walk in the park. It's lots of fun to learn a new way of cooking and discover new recipes. It leaves you feeling great. Just know that if you hit some bumps in the road, that's normal! Radically changing the way you eat is not an easy thing, but it can be something you enjoy if you approach it the right way.
No comments:
Post a Comment