Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Day at the Car Show

We've had a busy couple of days around here!

Saturday started early-Jon's business was sponsoring a car show in town so they got out of the door early to get to work. Patrick and I took advantage of our day and started a quest for baby swim gear. First we went to Belk-strike 1. Then we went to Walmart, which was met with limited success. We found a baby life jacket and a rash guard (swim shirt) for our lake day on Sunday, but no swim trunks. Patrick had his first shopping meltdown (I can't blame him-sometimes I melt down in Walmart, too) so we gave up on the hunt temporarily to get that boy some food!

Um, Mama? What are you doing to me?
We went and met Jon at the car show and to bring him some lunch (fajita salad-yum!). There was a lot going on-classic cars, a bounce house, and they had a police dog demonstration. We ended up staying for the rest of the show-Patrick loved being the center of attention, and it's always nice to have family time.

It was a beautiful day!
One highlight from the day: we found Santa! For real! The back of his belt even said so. The policeman sharing the tent with us said he travels around the country and hands out gold coins to good girls and boys.

Santa!
After another round of errands it was time for dinner: prosciutto wrapped scallops, sauteed kale, and rosemary sweet potatoes. It was pretty good, but next time I think I'll tweak the scallops a bit. I seasoned them with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and chipotle powder. The chipotle powder gave it a nice spicy/smokey kick, but it wasn't quite right for the sweetness of the scallops.

I am really enjoying cooking all of these new recipes. If nothing else, Whole30 is going to get me out of my normal cooking ruts and give me fresh ideas. I can tell I've dropped some weight, and during the day I have plenty of energy and don't want to snack. Waking up is still really hard-I'm hoping that changes soon.


Sorry for the crummy food lighting. It was prettier than that in real life. Stay tuned for all the Lake Day details!

No comments:

Post a Comment