But I was surprised when we got to the restaurant the next morning (Johnny's Pancake House). I didn't want pancakes! I was all about pancakes when I was pregnant. Who doesn't love bread and honey? (I'm not a syrup person-go ahead, judge.) But they just didn't spark my interest. What was going on? I got an omelette filled with sausage and veggies. And, yes, there was a side of grits and toast, but for the most part it was (relatively) healthy.
![]() |
- I feel GREAT! Definitely more energy, sleeping like a champ (not that that's ever really been an issue for me)
- I lost the last bit of baby weight. Jon and I want lots of kids. Gaining 6ish pounds? No big deal. Gaining 6ish pounds per kid? Well, that's a different story.
- I'm now more aware of what's in the foods I'm eating. After this experience I can tell it makes a big difference.
- I eat more fruit. Meat and veggies have always been easy for me. Not so much with fruit, but now I eat some after almost every meal.
- The cravings. At least when you have pregnancy cravings you can eat what your craving. These were pregnancy cravings without the satisfaction.
- Going out to eat was a bummer. So many delicious menu items saying, "Eat me. Oh wait, you can't." A girl can only eat so many grilled chicken salads with oil and vinegar dressing...
- Not a big breakfast variety. By the end of the month I felt like I was going to turn into a chicken. I ate scrambled eggs every day for breakfast for the month. That's a lot of eggs.
Jon and I decided July is cardio month. There are lots of recipes still to share, and Patrick is just beginning to have true adventures. Stay tuned...

No comments:
Post a Comment