Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Patrick's First Lake Day

Sunday we spent the day at a lake with some friends of ours. They're considering buying a lot so they rented a boat and we cruised around scoping it out. It was great! After a minute of being very unsure of the whole idea of swimming, Patrick decided he loves it. He giggled and splashed and had a blast!

I made pulled pork from my friend, Kat's, blog. It was so delicious! Her recipe calls for a red pepper mango salsa, which I was all set to make until I realized I had to get mangoes. Jon was a good sport and went and got some for me Saturday night, but they weren't ripe so I shelved that idea and discovered a really good paleo/Whole30 BBQ sauce. Yum! My sauce had a little more kick because I used spicy mustard instead of yellow. I would highly recommend that change. We made sweet potato chips as a side and were very happy with our diet friendly picnic.

Here are some highlights from the trip:

All dressed up and ready to go!

He took first shift as driver.
Just kidding. He napped. Hard. You have to be tired to fall asleep with a life vest on.



This is how he felt about STILL wearing the life vest after he woke up.

The views were beautiful!

I've decided mountain lakes are the best.

Swim gear, minus the life vest. He rocked it. Clearly.
Still not too sure about this water stuff.

This is fun! (That's a laughing face, I promise)

It was such a fun day!! I can't wait to get Patrick swimming again soon.








1 comment:

  1. Day at the lake looks so fun! And the view is gorgeous! Thanks for the shout out :)

    ReplyDelete